Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
A key to successful event marketing is to select events that draw members of your unique target audience in sufficient numbers.
This is the sentence I don't understand.
I thought draw members of your unique target audience as draw not typical audience.

please help me:-?

Last edited:
A key to successful event marketing is to select something that draw members of your unique target audience in sufficient numbers.
This is the sentence I don't understand.
I thought draw members of your unique target audience as draw not typical audience.

please help me:-?

Welcome to the forum Andy.

Your sentence seem to be missing some information I filled in as "something".
In marketing, usually you will only want to communicate your offering to a targeted audience to be effective. For example, you are marketing breakfast cereals, if research tells you that the people that buy breakfast cereals are mostly "mothers" then that is your target audience.

Welcome to the forum Andy.

Your sentence seem to be missing some information I filled in as "something".
In marketing, usually you will only want to communicate your offering to a targeted audience to be effective. For example, you are marketing breakfast cereals, if research tells you that the people that buy breakfast cereals are mostly "mothers" then that is your target audience.

Thank you.
But, I am really sorry that I missed one word which I just added up. But the thing is I still don't understand, What does unique means? I think unique means not typical or maybe special but I'm not sure. Could you explain more please?:roll:

Thank you.
But, I am really sorry that I missed one word which I just added up. But the thing is I still don't understand, What does unique means? I think unique means not typical or maybe special but I'm not sure. Could you explain more please?:roll:

I am sure you can just google "dictionary unique" to get meanings.

Please try that first and come back if you still have questions.

I am sure you can just google "dictionary unique" to get meanings.

Please try that first and come back if you still have questions.

Of course I googled it. I always use Dictionary.com before I ask people.
1. existing as the only one or as the sole example; single; solitary in type or characteristics: a unique copy of an ancient manuscript.
2. having no like or equal; unparalleled; incomparable: Bach was unique in his handling of counterpoint.
3. limited in occurrence to a given class, situation, or area: a species unique to Australia.
4. limited to a single outcome or result; without alternative possibilities: Certain types of problems have unique solutions.
5. not typical; unusual: She has a very unique smile.
And I chose fifth meaning, but the book says Events that attract typical customers are best is same meaning as the sentence I asked you. And that's why I'm confused.

Meaning 3 would be more useful to you. You're targeting one group of people out of the many groups which exist - the group made up of the people who buy your product or who you hope will want to buy your product.

Meaning 3 would be more useful to you. You're targeting one group of people out of the many groups which exist - the group made up of the people who buy your product or who you hope will want to buy your product.

Thank you.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back