What does "It doesn’t mean as much as say" mean in the sentence below?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rezaaa

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
The six-time world snooker champ said: "It doesn’t mean as much as say a sport like tennis with Federer playing everyone on a level playing field, or Kipchoge running against everyone on a level playing field. Sun News

Last edited:
The six-time world snooker champ said: "It doesn’t mean as much as, say, a sport like tennis with Federer playing everyone on a level playing field, or Kipchoge running against everyone on a level playing field.

Do the commas I have added above help you to understand it?

Please note that I edited post #1 so that it was in the default font and size. Please don't post in such a tiny font in future. If you copy and paste text in to the text box, make sure you put it in the default font and size.

Please provide the source and author/speaker of the words you quoted. This is a requirement every time.

Do the commas I have added above help you to understand it?

Please note that I edited post #1 so that it was in the default font and size. Please don't post in such a tiny font in future. If you copy and paste text in to the text box, make sure you put it in the default font and size.

Please provide the source and author/speaker of the words you quoted. This is a requirement every time.
Yes,it do.

Yes, space here [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE] they do.

I'm glad they helped. However, you still haven't provided the source and author/speaker of the original quote.

In this context, 'say' means 'for example'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back