What does he sing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he says: yet you're cool as a breeze flow ...

I hear "Yet you're cool as a breeze", but I can't understand the lyrics after that.

I also heard "flow", but I'm not committing to it because I think it may be the beginning of another word in the next line.

The next line is I'm got it here—what are you waiting for? Girl, just come let me know.

I've listened to it again and I think the captions are probably right. I think "blow" may come out in his dialect very much like "flow" in mine, and the word certainly makes sense there.

I think "blow" may come out in his dialect very much like "flow" in mine, and the word certainly makes sense there.

There's nothing special about his dialect that would give that impression.

If you look at the most official of the lyrics available (here), you'll see the choruses alternate between blow and flow.

After listening to the song numerous times, I would bet my wife that he says flow every single time. The same with other versions.

I was guessing that "blow" might change something like that way "try" (which sounds like "cheye" to me) does. But really "flow" makes just as much sense and works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back