Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
I woke up late today. I don’t like getting up late. Unfortunately, I couldn’t get up early today because I was sick. After washing my hands and face, I sat at my desk. I read dailynews and my emails on the computer. Meanwhile I took my soup out of the fridge and I put it on the kitchen counter to warm up.

I started to study English on my computer again. After about 30 minutes, I heated my soup and I took the fruity yogurt with me and I had breakfast. After studying English until noon, I started to do my other work.

(Hello. May you correct my mistakes? Thank you..)

Hello. May Would you correct my mistakes please? Thank you.. Don't thank us in advance. Thank us after we help you, by adding the "Thanks" icon to any post you find helpful.

I woke up late today. I don’t like getting up late. Unfortunately, I couldn’t get up early today because I was sick. After washing my hands and face, I sat at my desk. I read the daily space here news and my emails. on the computer. Meanwhile, I took my soup out of the fridge and I put it on the kitchen counter. to warm up.

I started to study English on my computer. again. After about 30 minutes, I heated [up] my soup, then and I took the fruity yogurt with me and I had that and a fruit yoghurt breakfast. After studying English until noon, I started to do my other work.
Welcome to the forum.

Please note that I have changed the layout of your post. Your greeting ("Hello") and your request ("Would you correct my mistakes please?) should come at the start of your post.
I have made various improvements to the content. I have underlined "Meanwhile" because it doesn't make sense. You can't take soup out of the fridge at the same time as reading the news and checking your emails!
You wrote "dailynews" as a single word. If you were, in fact, referring to a website, you should have said "I read the Daily News website ...".

On a cultural note, in the UK at least, it's very unusual to have soup for breakfast.

Thank you very much. I am just learning English. And I am so glad I found this site. I wish you success in your work.

Thank you very much. I am just learning English. And I am so glad I found this site. I wish you success in your work.
Do you mean that you are just starting to learn English?

Your platitude at the end is appreciated but entirely unnecessary. For all you know, I might already be incredibly successful at my job (you don't even know what my job is - English teacher is just one thing I do!)

Yes, I'm just starting to learn English..

Welcome to the forum, BayramOzalp. (y) I look forward to reading your future posts.

Welcome to the forum, BayramOzalp. (y) I look forward to reading your future posts.
Thank you so much for your encouragement.

You are off to a good start, BayramOzalp. Your first post contains a few errors but emsr2d2 has pointed you in the right direction! Keep up the good work! (y)

To save everyone time, don't write a new post to say "Thank you" for anything. Simply add the "Thanks" icon to any helpful post. I can see that you've already found the "Like" button - if you hover over that button, other options will come up and "Thanks" is one of them.

@BayramOzalp You say you are just starting, but you are definitely not a beginner.

Did your soup sit on the counter for a half hour before you put it in the microwave?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back