Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Hello everyone!

Lately I came across the phrase "What colour my parrot is?"
Is it one of options or just a mistake?

[STRIKE]Hello everyone![/STRIKE] Unnecessary.

[STRIKE]Lately[/STRIKE] Recently, I came across the [STRIKE]phrase[/STRIKE] question "What colour my parrot is?"

Is it [STRIKE]one of options[/STRIKE] grammatically correct or [STRIKE]just[/STRIKE] a mistake?

Please note my comments and corrections above. Where did you find that question? Please provide the source and author. This is required every time you quote someone else's words.

Thanks for corrections. I didn't find it anywhere in the media. It was a private correspondence with my friend.
Can I get the answer to my question though?

Thanks for your corrections. I didn't find it anywhere in the media. It was in [strike]a[/strike] private correspondence with my friend.
Can I get the answer to my question though?

The question is not grammatically correct. Use "What colour is my parrot?"

Please provide information such as that marked in blue above in post #1 in future.

It could have been part of an indirect question:

Do you know what colour my parrot is?

It could have been a lot of things but the OP said that their friend wrote "What colour my parrot is?" and that's what we should concentrate on.

It could work as a title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back