What are the most important things we need to do to make and keep friends?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdzugaj

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Essay and article (B2 FCE, exercising for an exam)

1) What are the most important things we need to do to make and keep friends? Write about - keep in touch regularly, - always tell a friend the truth, - your own idea (140-190 words) / ESSAY

It seems that in the modern digital world where people are distancing themselves from each other more often than in the past, friendship is almost like a treasure that everyone wants to keep. But if you want to make and keep your friends, you need to do certain things. First, you need to keep in touch with your friend regularly because without regular contact even once-in-a-lifetime friendship will perish. Secondly, friend is a someone who I'm truly are, so in order to preserve a friendship friends should always tell the truth to each other. Thirdly, if you want to make a friendship with someone, you should hava a some experience in meeting people, which helps you to know human nature much better. In other words, you must be wise enough to predict who could be your true friend, and who couldn't. To sum up, the most important things to make and keep friends is keep i touch, always tell the truth and be a good judge of human nature.

2) Do you know how people your age in your country feel about the future? What oppurtunities are there for young people to get jobs or continue their studies after secondary school? (140-190 words) / ARTICLE

Have you ever thought what are you gonna be doing after secondary school and what kind of job will you get? If so, you're not alone. Many young people are continually asking themselves these sort of questions. And because we live in the uncertain times, most of young people I know feel insecure about their future. This statement should not be a surprise for use because what oppurtunities are waiting for young people in my country? If you're lucky, you will get a job in a marketing or in a store. On the other hand, if you want to start studying at university, you must be prepared that you won't stay at university after graduating and your diploma could means a little in a real world. Having that in mind, it seems obvious that many young people are looking into the future without enthusiasm and some of them even went abroad to find oppurtunities which are better than these in my country. To conclude, future is for them rather something which is going to happen with necessity than something on which they are waiting for.

(I will be grateful for corrections)

What you wrote are two paragraphs. Were you asked to write an article and an essay?

No because I study by myself. No one asked me to do anything. When the exam begin, I will have to write an article and essay in one session, so when I'm preparing myself to it, I also write an article and essay in one session.

1) What are the most important things we need to do to make and keep friends? Write about - keep in touch regularly, - always tell a friend the truth, - your own idea (140-190 words) / ESSAY

It seems that in the modern digital world where people are distancing themselves from each other more often than in the past, friendship is almost like a treasure that everyone wants to keep (maintain). But if you want to make and keep your friends, you need to do certain things.

First, you need to keep in touch with your friend regularly because, without regular contact, [STRIKE]even once-in-a-[/STRIKE] a [STRIKE]lifetime[/STRIKE] lifelong friendship will perish. Secondly, a friend is a someone who I'm truly are (what do you mean?), so, in order to preserve a friendship, friends should always[STRIKE] tell the truth[/STRIKE] be honest to each other. Thirdly, if you want to make a friends[STRIKE]hip [/STRIKE]with someone, you should hava a some experience in meeting people, which helps you to [STRIKE]know[/STRIKE] understand human nature much better. In other words, you must be wise enough to predict who could be your true friends, and who couldn't.

To sum up, the most important things to make and keep friends is to keep in touch with them, always [STRIKE]tell the truth[/STRIKE] be honest/truthful and be a good judge of human nature (be discerning in choosing your friends).

2) Do you know how people your age in your country feel about the future? What opportunities are there for young people to get jobs or continue their studies after secondary school? (140-190 words) / ARTICLE

Have you ever thought what are you [STRIKE]gonna[/STRIKE] (do not use colloquial English) are going to [STRIKE]be doing[/STRIKE] do after secondary school and what kind of job [STRIKE]will[/STRIKE] you will get? If so, you're not alone. Many young people are continually asking themselves [STRIKE]these[/STRIKE] this sort of questions. And because we live in the uncertain times, most [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] young people I know feel insecure (uncertain) about their future. This statement should not be a surprise for use (?) because what opportunities are[STRIKE] waiting [/STRIKE] there for young people in [STRIKE]my[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]my [/STRIKE] your country? If you're lucky, you will get a job in a marketing company or in a store. On the other hand, if you want to[STRIKE] start[/STRIKE] study[STRIKE]ing[/STRIKE] at university, you must be prepared [STRIKE]that you won't[/STRIKE] not to stay at university after [STRIKE]graduating[/STRIKE] graduation and your diploma could mean[STRIKE]s[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] little in [STRIKE]a [/STRIKE] the real world. Having that in mind, it seems obvious that many young people are looking [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE]to the future without enthusiasm and some of them even [STRIKE]went[/STRIKE] go abroad to find opportunities which are better than [STRIKE]these[/STRIKE] those in [STRIKE]my [/STRIKE] their own country.

To conclude, the future is for them rather something which is going to happen with necessity than something on which they are waiting for. (What do you mean?)

(I will be grateful for corrections)

Another note: You're not exercizing (or exercising) for an exam. You're practicing for an exam.

Or use the noun, "exercise for an exam".

"Exercising" is not doing writing exercise but physical exercise ike jogging.

Last edited:
It seems that in the modern digital world where people are distancing themselves from each other more often than in the past, friendship is almost like a treasure that everyone wants to keep. But if you want to make friends and keep them, your friends, you need to do certain things. First, you need to keep in touch with your friends regularly because without regular contact, even once-in-a-lifetime the strongest friendship will perish. Secondly, a friend is a [1] someone who you can trust and confide in, I'm truly are, so in order to preserve a friendship, friends should always tell the truth to each other. Thirdly, if you want to have good friends, make a friendship with someone, you should have a [1] some experience in meeting evaluating people, which helps you to know human nature much better. In other words, you must be wise enough to predict tell who would make a genuine friend. could be your true friend, and who couldn't. To sum up, the most important things to make and keep friends is keeping in touch, always telling the truth and being a good judge of human nature.
[1]: No “a”.

Have you ever thought about what are you gonna be doing you might do after secondary school and what kind of job will you might get? If so, you're not alone. Many young people are continually asking themselves these sort of questions. And because we live in these uncertain times of the coronavirus, [1] most of young people I know feel insecure about their future. This statement should not be a surprise, for use because what the opportunities are waiting for young people in my country are limited. If you're lucky, you will get a job in a supermarket marketing or in a store. On the other hand, if you want to start studying study at university, you must be prepared that you won't stay at university in the same field after graduating and that your diploma could [2] mean means a little in a the real world. Having that in mind, it seems obvious that Therefore, many young people in my country are looking into the future without enthusiasm about the future, and some of them even went go abroad to find opportunities which are better than these what they can hope for in my country. To conclude, the future is for them rather is something which is going to happen with necessity inevitably rather than something on which they are looking forward to. waiting for.
[1]: Take a look at these sites to learn how to use “most” and “most of”.

https://www.englishgrammar.org/grammar-exercise-18/

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/grammar/british-grammar/most-the-most-mostly

[2]: After a modal auxiliary (here it’s could), we use the base verb.

No because I study by myself. No one asked me to do anything. When In the actual exam, begin, I will have to write an article and an essay in one session, so when as I'm preparing myself to for it, I have also write written an article and an essay in one session.

[ 1]: Take a look at these sites to learn how to use “most” and “most of”.

https://www.englishgrammar.org/grammar-exercise-18/

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/grammar/british-grammar/most-the-most-mostly

[ 2]: After a modal auxiliary (here it’s could), we use the base verb.

I've been learning English for quite some time now, and recently I had to communicate in English with my business partners about marketing. In order to understand some of the trends, I went to writix.co.uk/essay-examples/marketing where I read several articles in English that dealt with marketing. My advice to you is.
Great, this will be helpful to me as well, thanks for the links.

Speaking of the title, I've never had any friends. 😅

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back