We were really all the time pointing out (to in)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kolridg

Member Type
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Could you please help me to understand what words are uttered by a man in the very beginning of the video? I can catch everything except the couple of words in the brackets, which I wrote according to hearing them roughly. Thank you.

Relax the Mind with Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche
"So basically Rinpoche what I felt you were doing we were really all the time pointing out (to in). You are always pointing out to that and saying we use breath maybe as a starter, but from the breath we come to the awareness of the breath, and then it is awareness of defilements, awareness of (sound), awareness of its.. if you like.. it is all about coming to awareness."

I think he says pointing out 'when'.

Yes, he says sound.

He doesn't say defilements, he says the firmness, I think.

It sounds like the firmness to me too, though I don't know what he means by it. I heard awareness of pizza if you like at the end of the list, which makes the other person laugh.

It sounds like the firmness to me too, though I don't know what he means by it.
Bearing in mind the video is about relaxation of the mind, it probably is stiffness of the mind, lack of mind's pliability caused by the fact the mind is not meditative, is anxious, and so on...

"Pizza" suits fine too. In other video Mingyur Rinpoche clearly says something like "you can do anything, for example eat your pizza, just watch your breath". It seems he so often use "pizza" that hearing it even makes him laugh.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back