"We appreciate your request and value it to improve the service" Is this sentence OK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasmin39

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Japanese
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
Japan
"We appreciate your request and value it to improve the service" Is this sentence OK?

"We appreciate your request and value it to improve the service."

I think "we appreciate your request" is OK, but I could find only a few results of "value your request" with Google search.

Is this sentence normal or weird?

Thank you in advance!

Re: "We appreciate your request and value it to improve the service" Is this sentence

It is fine to me.

Re: "We appreciate your request and value it to improve the service" Is this sentence

It doesn't make sense. How is your request going to improve something? An organization may respond to a request in such a way that they improve some service they offer; it's not likely the request, or valuing it, will do so.

For some reason I thought I saw "opinion" or "comment". My bad.

A user told us that he would like us to add a new function to the app.
I think that this is his "request" and we are thinking our users' request valuable
because we can improve the service by making as many users' request as possible realize.

Would you tell me what sentence is normal to mean the above?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

I would say "opinion" or "feedback". He didn't request that you add a new function to the app. A request means you either accept it or deny it but you consider his opinion of value.

P/S: Another word that came to my mind is "suggestion". You can say "his suggestion is worth considering."

Thank you andrewg927 for your understandable explanation!

I thought the word "request" means a milder asking than its real meaning because we have "rikuesuto" in Japanese English which means
just asking.
(Does the real "request" mean similar to "order", correct?)

Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back