Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Pashto, Pushto
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Qatar
Hello, I watched a TV series and couldn't understand one particular line, one woman says to another woman, while looking at her husband's picture "if he was my husband, I wouldn't have walked straight again ".
What does it mean?

She might be implying that he is so bad a person that she would have become a lesbian. It's hard to know without more context.

I think it means that she would be having so much sex with him that she would be unable to walk normally.

I suppose it could also mean something like she'd be so ashamed that she'd walk around hunched over with her face hidden.

Do you happen to have a clip of the show we could watch? That's going to be the only way be certain without more context.

In a very shallow way, rather a lot depends on whether it's a photo of a particularly attractive man or not.

He was actually an attractive man. I think I understand now, what she meant. Thank you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back