Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Usually, all items were labelled and marked with the order reference before they are dispatched to the corresponding destination.

We used to label and mark all information on the each item before it is dispatched to the corresponding destination.

Are the above sentences worded correctly? Please advise

Thank you.

1. Usually, all items [STRIKE]were[/STRIKE] are labelled and marked with the order reference before they are dispatched to the corresponding destination.
2. We used to label and mark all information on [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] each item before [STRIKE]it is dispatched[/STRIKE] dispatching it to the corresponding destination.

Are the above sentences worded correctly? Please [STRIKE]advise[/STRIKE] tell me.

[STRIKE]Thank you.[/STRIKE] Unnecessary. Thank us after we help you, by clicking on the "Thank" button.

Please see my corrections above.

For information, BrE generally uses "despatch".

Are the above sentences worded correctly?

You can't use used to to express that something routinely happens before something else happens. Used to implies that it no longer happens.

You can't use used to to express that something routinely happens ...
Is that common in AmE? I mean the use of "express" without a direct object.

Is that common in AmE? I mean the use of "express" without a direct object.

Like "explain," "express" is and can be used with a "that"-clause complement, as I have used it here (see Biber et al., 1999, p. 664). Do you frown upon that usage?

It's just that I'd never come across it before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back