Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Hi,

Is it ok to use "and i hope, you should understand this". Am not sure on this, one of my friends said this is incorrect, but i have seen usages like "and i hope, you should do this" or "and i hope, you should feel this". Kindly help

Thanks in advance
Tarkshya

Last edited:
Hi,

Is it OK to use "and I hope that you should understand this"? Am not sure on this, one of my friends said this is incorrect, but I have seen usages like "and I hope that you should do this" or "and I hope that you should feel this". Kindly help

Thanks in advance
Tarkshya

It looks unnatural to me.

Could you kindly explain, I am still not clear?

When it is fine for sentences like "and I hope that you should feel", why its different for "understand"?

"and I hope that you should feel" is not OK IMO. Please use correct punctuation and capitalisation in your posts.

:up: I think the idea that the speaker may be trying to express is 'I hope you [will] feel/do/understand..., as you should'. It's not right.

b

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back