Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
UK
Hi,

When I want to say there are many tactics or methods so I have to end an 's' with them. How about approach?

Can I say - unorthodox approaches?

I understand that I can say unorthodox tactics and unorthodox methods but not sure with the approach...

Thanks.
Lau

Hi,

When I want to say there are many tactics or methods so I have to end an 's' with them. How about approach?

I understand that I can say unorthodox tactics and unorthodox methods but not sure with the approach...

Thanks.
Lau

Any examples iamtime?

I saw "Eastern approaches" as the title of an article in the "Economist".

(My intention was not to say that I read Economist because I don't. I just searched the google for "approaches".)

Yes, all of those are countable nouns so you simply add the S (or ES).

What you have written is fine.

Any examples iamtime?

I saw "Eastern approaches" as the title of an article in [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] "The Economist".

(My intention was not to say that I read The Economist because I don't. I just searched [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] on [STRIKE]google[/STRIKE] Google for "approaches".)

:up:

Hi,

Thanks.
Lau
I am not a teacher.

"Approach" is an ordinary noun that makes "approaches" by the ordinary rule.

Any examples iamtime?

I saw "Eastern approaches" as the title of an article in the "Economist".

(My intention was not to say that I read Economist because I don't. I just searched the google for "approaches".)

Hi,

I want to put that word into a context like this below actually,

'I have felt alienated, and humiliated after becoming a victim of the government's injustice and their unorthodox approaches to remove me.'

Something like that...

p.s. actually I think I could just say 'unorthodox tactics' but I am afraid it may be a bit offensive if they read this sentence... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back