Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Please help me with a natural version of the following italic paragraph.

Unlike most parents in China, Kevin's take a laissez faire approach on his growth and allows him the biggest space of tolerance when he grows up, so Kevin is not as stressed and pushed as his peers. In his life, there's always laughters and happiness.

Context: I was trying to describe a person called Kevin (a young man in his 20s). He's unlike his peers (morose and bad-tempered, busy with making a living.etc.,), he's has a good sense of humor and makes people happy and laugh. I later know that this is because he was born in a good family with well-educated parents who understand and respect him. Most parents here exert harsh control on children, order them to learn this and therefore they don't have much time having fun, but Kevin's a different example.

Please help me with a natural version of check if the following italic paragraph sounds natural.

Unlike most parents in China, Kevin's take a laissez faire approach on regarding his growth
Here, "growth" doesn't make a lot of sense. What does Kevin do? Is he a student?

Here, "growth" doesn't make a lot of sense. What does Kevin do? Is he a student?
Yes. A teenager and a student.

Much appreciated.

Which one?!
Sorry, my bad. I was having a brian fart. I thought people in their 20s are people who are 10-19. So that's why I said "teenagers". I was trying to describe a group of people, who are much younger than I am (I'm 37.) and most of them are students: college students, postgraduate students, even after that. These groups of people.

I was trying to describe a group of people, who are much younger than me I am
You still haven't clarified which group. Are you talking about teenagers or people in their twenties?

You still haven't clarified which group. Are you talking about teenagers or people in their twenties?
Yes. To be more specific, people from 15-25, this group because those young people I met were from 15-25, with better-educated parents and so on.

Yes. To be more specific, people from 15-25, this group because those young people I met were from 15-25, with typically have better-educated parents and so on.
That's not very specific, but anyway...
Unlike most parents in China, Kevin's take a laissez faire approach on regarding his growth lifestyle choices and allow s him the biggest personal space, of tolerance when he grows up, so Kevin is not as stressed and pushed as his peers. In his life, there's always laughter s and happiness.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back