Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Bangladesh
Please correct my mistakes in my writing.

Today, (1427) is the day of Bengali New Year and is the first day of the Bengali Calendar.

Bengali nation celebrates this traditional festival with a view to starting new blessing life departing from misery.

Bengali calender was introduced by the shahanka '8th century king of Bengal' and later it was modified by the Mughal Emperor Akbar to collect taxes.

Although Bengali New Year is once the main festival of the rural towns, it occupied the civilian life in the stream of time. On this occasion, different fairs and festivals including Halkhata, singing, reciting, singing are still going on throughout the country.

In this year, the perspective is fully different from previous year as world is struggling against deadly Virus named covid -19. We all passionately hope that New Bengali Year would bring welfare for human being and would abolish all sinister.

It's the occasion of the Bengali New Year. What does 1427 stand for?

Please correct my mistakes in my writing.

Today (Year of 1427) is the day of the Bengali New Year and is the first day of the Bengali calendar.

Bengali [STRIKE]nation[/STRIKE] celebrates this traditional festival with a view to[STRIKE] starting[/STRIKE] receiving new blessings in life [STRIKE]departing[/STRIKE] and being protected from misery.

The Bengali calendar was introduced by the Shahanka, the '8th century king of Bengal'[STRIKE] and[/STRIKE], which was later [STRIKE]it was [/STRIKE]modified by the Mughal Emperor, Akbar, to collect taxes.

Although the Bengali New Year [STRIKE]is [/STRIKE] was once the main festival of the rural towns, it occupied the civilian life in the stream of time (what does this mean?). On this occasion, different fairs and festivals including Halkhata, and singing and reciting (of what?) [STRIKE]singing[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]are still going on[/STRIKE] are held throughout the country.

[STRIKE]In [/STRIKE] This year, the [STRIKE]perspective[/STRIKE] atmosphere is [STRIKE]fully [/STRIKE] very different from previous years as the world is struggling [STRIKE]against [/STRIKE] with the deadly virus named Covid-19. We [STRIKE]all[/STRIKE] passionately hope that the new Bengali Year would bring[STRIKE] welfare[/STRIKE] good health and peace [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] to human beings/mankind [STRIKE]and would abolish all sinister.[/STRIKE] free from disasters

See above. I presume 1427 is the current year according to the Bengali calendar.

Last edited:
See above. I presume 1427 is the current year according to the Bengali calendar.

Can I say that (The part that you didn't understand) like this : "Although the Bengali New Year was once the main festival of the countryside, it became a major festival of the town in the course of time"?

Can I say that (The part that you didn't understand) like this : "Although the Bengali New Year was once the main festival of the countryside, it became a major festival of the town in the course of time"?

I would write it this way:

The Bengali New Year, originally the main festival in the countryside, is also celebrated in the rural towns.

I would say:

We hope the Bengali New Year brings good health, prosperity, and peace for humankind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back