Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
Hello! I am making sentences to improve my vocabulary and my writing skill. If anyone helps me correct my mistakes, I will be grateful.

Target Word: Perceive(v)

Next time when you feel miserable and hopeless, you had better change your mind to perceive things in a more realistic manner.
First, Einstein’s theory of relativity was perceived as a bullshit.
Is there anyone who perceived why students get higher scores in summer schools?

Not a teacher

Next time when you feel miserable and hopeless, you better change your mind to perceive things in a more realistic manner.
First, Einstein’s theory of relativity was perceived as bullshit.
Is there anyone who perceived why students get higher scores in summer schools?:up:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello! I am making sentences to improve my vocabulary and my writing skill. If anyone helps me correct my mistakes, I will be grateful.

Target Word: Perceive(v)

Next time [STRIKE]when[/STRIKE] you feel miserable and hopeless, [STRIKE]you had better change[/STRIKE]
try changing your mindset to perceive things in a more [STRIKE]realistic[/STRIKE] optimistic manner.
At first, Einstein’s theory of relativity was perceived as a bullshit.
Is there anyone who [STRIKE]perceived[/STRIKE]
knows why students get higher scores in summer schools?

"Perceive" works in 1 and 2, but not in 3. Note my other changes.

Not a teacher

Next time when you feel miserable and hopeless, you better change your mind to perceive things in a more realistic manner. Why did you remove "had"?
First, Einstein’s theory of relativity was perceived as bullshit. Do you really think "First" works as an opening?
Is there anyone who perceived why students get higher scores in summer schools? This is very unnatural for me. Is this really how you use "perceive"? :up:

Welcome to the forum, MinQKim. Please remember to preface your endeavours to help learners with "Not a teacher". I have added it for you this time. Note my queries above.

Thank you very much for your edit emsr2d2. I have learned many things thanks to your helps. So, I feel very lucky to discover this website.

I want to say something about your correction.

I understand why 'optimistic' is the word of your choice for the first sentence. However, psychological experts say that the main reason of the depression is our distorted thinkings about life. Applying cognitive behavioral therapy, people start to consider the events in a more 'realistic' way. Experts believe that the most useful way of building a better mental health is to accept the world as it is. That is why I use 'realistic' there.

Thank you again.

Realistic makes sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back