thorny life

Status
Not open for further replies.

giuly90

Member Type
Student or Learner
Dear teachers,

in an article about the global warming I found this passage, but haven't quite understood the final part of it.

"Stretching from coastal, northwestern
Peru into southern Ecuador, the 36,000-square-kilometer Piura
Desert is home to many endemic forms of thorny life".

What is meant by "many endemic forms of thorny life"? Is it just a metaphor (and, if so, what is it is meaning)?

Thank you in advance,
G.

Dear teachers,

in an article about the global warming I found this passage, but haven't quite understood the final part of it.

What is meant by "many endemic forms of thorny life"? Is it just a metaphor (and, if so, what is it is meaning)?

Thank you in advance,
G.
Welcome to the forums. I imagine it's talking about thorny plant life, like cactii.

Dear teachers,

Thank you in advance,
G.

Dear teachers,

in an article about [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] global warming I found this passage, but haven't quite understood the final part of it.

Say:
What is its meaning?

or

What is the meaning of the phrase?

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back