Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Bangladesh
Please correct any mistakes in this piece of writing:

This morning after bathing I took an ear-cotton to scratch my itchy ears. While itching, I suddenly felt a piece of cotton stuck in the ear. I kept trying hard to bring it closer, as I thought only my personal attempt would do. But all my attempts went in vain. Then I came to my father to show it. He saw it with the help of mobile-torch and found that it has gone deeper. He took the second attempt to pick it up. But by this time, it started bleeding. Like me, he failed too. My family members and I started taking the matter seriously. Meanwhile, I discovered light rain falling in very fine drops from my wife's eyes. Having seen that, I too became terrified an nervous. However, finally, we decided to go to an ear-wax cleaner at the railway station. By God's grace, we found a solution. He just poured four drops of medicine inside my ear-canal and took it out with the help of ear-wax remover. It was done simply and aptly. My sincere gratitude to him. May God bless him.

I guess you are talking about cotton swabs there.

Perhaps:

I had an uh oh moment when I realized that a piece of cotton was stuck in my ear.

Please correct any mistakes in this piece of writing:
This morning after bathing, I used some cotton buds to clean (the wax out of) [STRIKE]took an ear-cotton to scratch[/STRIKE] my itchy ears. While [STRIKE]itching,[/STRIKE] doing that, I suddenly felt a piece of cotton stuck in [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] my (left/right) ear. I kept trying hard to bring it closer, as I thought only my personal attempt would do. [STRIKE]But all my attempts went in vain.[/STRIKE] but I had no luck. Then I [STRIKE]came[/STRIKE] went to my father and I asked him to take a look. [STRIKE]to show it.[/STRIKE] He [STRIKE]saw[/STRIKE] had a look at it with the help of the light from his mobile [STRIKE]-torch[/STRIKE] and found that it [STRIKE]has[/STRIKE] had gone deeper. He [STRIKE]took the second[/STRIKE] attempted to take it out, [STRIKE]pick it up.[/STRIKE] but by this time, [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE] my ear had started bleeding. Like me, he failed too. [STRIKE]My family members and I[/STRIKE] We started to get concerned. [STRIKE]taking the matter seriously.[/STRIKE] Meanwhile, I discovered light rain falling in very fine drops from my wife's eyes. Having seen that, I too became terrified and nervous. However, finally, we decided to go to an ear-wax cleaner at the railway station. By God's grace, we found a solution. He just poured four drops of medicine inside my ear canal and took it out with the help of some ear-wax remover. It was done simply and aptly. My sincere gratitude to him. May God bless him.
I don't understand the underlined parts.

I saw a light rain falling from my wife's eyes.

I think maybe she was crying, impatient one.
;-)

It was done simply and aptly.

I would say:

It was done simply and efficiently.

Or:

It was done simply and professionally.

Or:

It was done simply and gently.

How about:

I kept trying hard to [STRIKE]bring it closer[/STRIKE] get it out, as I thought [STRIKE]only my personal attempt would do[/STRIKE] I could do it myself

Meanwhile, I discovered light rain falling in very fine drops from my wife's eyes.
I notice my wife was tearing up profusely.

He just [STRIKE]poured[/STRIKE] dripped four drops of medicine [STRIKE]inside[/STRIKE] into my ear canal

It was done[STRIKE] simply[/STRIKE] quickly and [STRIKE]aptly[/STRIKE] without hassle.

Last edited:
I hope that's fiction.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back