Interested in Language
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Hello everybody!

This approval is subject to compliance with the Rules for the Manufacture, Testing and Certification of Materials.

The sentence is related to the fact that a company has been approved as a manufacturer in compliance with requirements of a Classification Society.

In my opinion, the sentence in question means that This approval of the company is conditional on it complying with the Rules for the Manufacture, Testing and Certification of Materials. By it, I mean the company, of course.

or

This approval of the company remains in force provided that the company complies with the Rules for the Manufacture, Testing and Certification of Materials.

Do you agree with my way of thinking?

Broadly, yes. I think it is clear that the company has been compliant in the past. That is why it has been granted approval. But the certification authority is being cautious in stating that the approval can be withdrawn if the company ever becomes non-compliant in future.

Isn't it understood that all approvals especially those for fixed durations are subject to compliance with conditions and can be withdrawn for failure to do so? Unconditional approvals are rare.

There's nothing wrong with making the point crystal clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back