Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I wonder if it's natural to say "They don't have manner" or "They lack manner" in the following context.

A coffee shop called "Manner" here recently got involved in a scandal. Reports saying that a clerk yelled at the customer and then sprayed the coffee power to the customer's face.

I want to make a pun by using their shop's name "Manner" to express the idea that they don't have manner (they're rude and impolite". How can I express the idea? Are my italic sentences good?

I wonder if it's natural to say "They don't have good manners" or "They lack good manners" in the following context.

A coffee shop called "Manner" here recently got involved in a scandal. Reports saying that a clerk yelled at the a customer and then sprayed the coffee power into the customer's face.

I want to make a pun by using their shop's name "Manner" to express the idea that they don't have good manners (they're rude and impolite). How can I express the idea? Are my italic sentences good?
See above.

You can't just say that they don't have manners. They do. They have very bad manners!! You're trying to make it clear that they don't have good manners. In this context, we don't use "manner" in the singular.

One last question about this thread. How about:

It seems like 'Manner' is missing an "s" – they don't have much "manner".

I want to include the brand name in it.

How about "I don't like the manner in which they deal with customers"?

Nice. Stop there.
Much appreciated. Does this mean that this part is enough?

It appears that "Manner" is missing an "s".

Much appreciated!

Reports say that a clerk yelled at the customer and sprayed the coffee power on the customer's face.

What does coffee power mean? Maybe this was about coffee powder?

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back