Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
[FONT=&#48148] The water is so clean, so even without water goggles, I can see fish in the water, and the sea color is deep blue, which makes a fantastic view with green plants. That’s why I love that beach. I'm planning to visit Guam again next year, and I want to visit the Ritidian beach with my family as well.
====================================
I feel nothing is wrong with the paragraph, but if you find anything wrong, please let me know.

[/FONT]

The water is clear. It's not muddy or murky or dirty.

I like snorkeling there.

The water is clear. It's not muddy or murky or dirty.

I like snorkeling there.

What is the difference between the two? When do you add "color"? Is it for emphasis?
1.the sea is deep blue
2.the sea color(the color of the sea) is deep blue

The sea is deep blue.

That's natural. I do not see a reason for the second one, although there might be one. (None readily comes to mind.)

The sea is deep blue.

That's natural. I do not see a reason for the second one, although there might be one. (None readily comes to mind.)

If you say "color", is it for only a scientific or analytical reason?

There you go making me think again.
;-)

We do use the word "color" of course. But when we say something is blue we don't have to say that's its color since it's perfectly clear what we mean.

It is possible to say:

What's its color?

Or

What color is it?

Or

I like the colors of a sunset--yellow, orange and red.

Or

I like the color of your shirt.

There are many other possibilities, I am sure.

I hope that helps.
:)

The water is so clean no comma here [STRIKE]so[/STRIKE] that even without [STRIKE]water[/STRIKE] goggles, I can see fish. [STRIKE]in the water[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] The sea [STRIKE]color[/STRIKE] is deep blue, which makes a fantastic [STRIKE]view[/STRIKE] contrast with the green plants. That’s why I love that beach. I'm planning to visit Guam [STRIKE]again[/STRIKE] with my family next year, and I want us to visit [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] Ritidian Beach. [STRIKE]with my family as well.[/STRIKE]
====================================
I feel nothing is wrong with the paragraph, but if you find anything wrong, please let me know.

See my suggested version above.

I'm planning to visit Guam again with my family next year, and I want us to visit the Ritidian Beach.with my family as wel

I find "I want us" a bit odd.

How about:
I want to bring my family to the Rutidian Beach.

Say:

I want to take my family to Ritidian Beach.

(Did you get my PM?)

I find "I want us" a bit odd.

How about:
I want to bring my family to the Rutidian Beach.

I was trying to avoid the repetition of "my family".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back