Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
:?:I am drawn to talking about the subject in my own words than correct grammar. I feel the words used should be equal to the subject and sentence itself. That seems to go with the my style of writing, yet my handicap, learning to write the wrong way haunts me greatly. There are many many words to use when writing and then you have synonyms plus editing. One writer says this is the correct way to write and then another writer says different.

I am leaning toward using Grammarly to a point to do the best I can even if it incorrect. I am counting on Grammarly heavily to direct me to the correct words and grammar, but like I said before editing is hard for me because I am drawn to the word perfect and correct, which is a fault for me. But I see a writing style for me yet it fringes on bad grammar. Thoughts? Paul

I've never heard good things about grammarly.

Same here. I've tested it out a couple of times and wasn't impressed.

Paul James, perhaps you should rely less on Grammarly (not least because mentioning them in every single post here makes it look like you're trying to advertise them!) and simply do as we have suggested in the past - post short pieces of writing (six to eight sentences) in this section of the forum and we will try to improve them for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back