Student or Learner
Native Language
Thai
Home Country
Thailand
Current Location
Thailand
Hello,

Please help correcting grammar for this paragraph.

The starter is inspired by one of my childhood dishes, Fish and chips; a hot dish of fried battered fish and hot potato chips. However, the traditional way of serving the classic fish and chips is a too simple. So, we decide to give it a twist by using our secret recipe on this world famous starter in order to make it tastier and more interesting. Starting with the fishes, we cook fish mousseline with cream and egg white in order to give the softness to its texture. To add the crunchiness to this dish, we use clams stuffed with walnuts before deep fried. To finish things off with a bang, we would slice off the potatoes as thinly as possible, so it would become almost crystal clear like a piece of glass when fried.

I like to use idiom and slang to make it hip as this will be explained to our customers who are mostly teenagers, so we do not want anything to be too formal, but we want to make sure that, grammatically, it is correct.

Thank you!

Hello,

Please help correcting grammar for this paragraph.

The starter is inspired by one of my childhood dishes, fish and chips, a hot dish of fried battered fish and hot potato chips. However, the traditional way of serving the classic fish and chips is a too simple. So, we decide to give it a twist by using our secret recipe on this world famous starter in order to make it tastier and more interesting. Starting with the fish[STRIKE]es[/STRIKE], we cook fish mousseline with cream and egg white in order to give the softness to its texture. To add the crunchiness to this dish, we use clams stuffed with walnuts before deep fried. To finish things off with a bang, we would slice off the potatoes as thinly as possible, so it would become almost crystal clear like a piece of glass when fried.

I like to use idioms and slangs to make it hip as this will be explained to our customers who are mostly teenagers, so we do not want anything to be too formal, but we want to make sure that, grammatically, it is correct.

Thank you!

Say:

Please correct the grammar in this paragraph.

Have you Googled "fish and chips"?

What is a starter?

Ted, slang is OK, as it is not normally pluralized (if ever).

different types of slang?

I suppose that every language has slang usages. Of course, I don't really know for sure.

I can't see any slang in the OP.

We were talking about the word slang. Ted "corrected" the original by pluralizing it as slangs. I responded by saying we don't normally pluralize slang (if ever).

[Edited to note that the Oxford Dictionaries defines it as a mass noun.]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back