Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hello.

How can I describe the sound of a bed which is shaking?

The children were playing and jumping on the bed. It was shaking and ....[the sound]

It depends what the bed frame is made of. If it's metal, it could be clanking. If it's wood, it could groan or creak.

It depends what the bed frame is made of. If it's metal, it could be clanking. If it's wood, it could groan or creak.

The structure is made of wood but the part on which the mattress is put is metal.

The children were playing and jumping on the bed. It was shaking violently and clanking and creaking.

I could hear a bed clanking and creaking in the room at the end of the hallway.

Is there a better way to express it?

If the mattress is on metal springs, it is more likely to squeak than clank IMO.

If the mattress is on metal springs, it is more likely to squeak than clank IMO.

Is this good?

I could hear a bed squeaking in the room at the end of the hallway. I think a couple of children were jumping up and down the mattress.

It is to me.

Is this good?

I could hear a bed squeaking in the room at the end of the hallway. I think a couple of children were jumping up and down on the mattress.

See above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back