Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Chile
Current Location
Chile
Hello.

Are the following sentences grammatically correct?

"The pressure of the people of the line in the front desk caused the manager to give in to Tim's request, giving him the data of the room where the hobo was."

Thanks.

What is meant by "the people of the line in the front desk"? Also, what is meant by "the data of the room"?

Inside a hospital, there was people in line waiting to talk with the man in charge of the front desk

One man, who was waiting in the line, asked for the room number of the hobo who was hospitalizated after being attacked by a gang.

Thanks.

Inside the hospital, there were people in line waiting to talk with the man in charge at the front desk

One man, who was waiting in line, asked for the room number of the hobo who was hospitalizated after being attacked by a gang.

I thought I knew what you meant by data. Now I am certain.

"The pressure of the people in line at the front desk caused the manager to give in to Tim's request and give him the room number of the hobo."
:)

The pressure of the people in line at the front desk caused the manager to give in to Tim's request and give him the room number of the hobo.

It should be "gave", not "give".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back