Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Georgia
Current Location
Georgia
1. "Where do you usually hear or read news reports?"

2. "What is your favourite news magazine?"

In answer to the first question isn't it wrong to use "the" in my first sentence, because I mentioned it for the first time and there may be other news channels.

"I am subscribed to the telegram news channel. My favourite news magazine is the Art News." I googled and saw such sentences as "if you want to join a Telegram channel", "a Telegram channel is.."
"Reading Challenge" by Casey Malarcher.

How many Telegram news channels are there? How many Telegram channels?

Remember that when you begin a question with Isn't it wrong, you're saying that you think it probably is wrong.

I found 22 Telegram news channels.
Then you can't say you're subscribed to the Telegram news channel if you haven't previously mentioned a few different news channels.

Then you can't say you're subscribed to the Telegram news channel if you haven't previously mentioned a few different news channels.

I haven't mentioned any. So
"I am subscribed to a Telegram news channel. My favourite news magazine is the Art News."
But in the second sentence I used the article before "Art News" because it is it's name.

Is its name Art News or The Art News?

Is its name Art News or The Art News?

"The Art News." "Iam subscribed to the telegram news channel. My favourite news magazine is the Art News."
I didn't capitalize "the" I thought small words are not capitalized.

"I am subscribed to the telegram news channel. My favourite news magazine is the Art News."
I didn't capitalize "the" I thought small words are not capitalized.
I've underlined problem areas.

I've underlined problem areas.

I corrected it.

"I am subscribed to a Telegram news channel. My favourite news magazine is "The Art News."

Is "the" capitalized when it's part of a name?

I've corrected it.

"I am subscribed to a Telegram news channel. My favourite news magazine is "The Art News."

Is "the" capitalized when it's part of a name?
Yes, if it's the first word.

I read The Economist every week.

My favorite book is
The Lord of the Rings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back