[Grammar] the name and address ... as it is printed on their official writing paper

Status
Not open for further replies.

kadioguy

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
letterhead
​NOUN

the name and address of an organization as it is printed on their official writing paper

https://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/british/letterhead
-----------

Does "as" here mean "when"?

Or should we read the definition this way?

the name and address of an organization (as it is) printed on their official writing paper

What do you think?

Last edited:
the name and address of an organization in the way that it is printed on their official writing paper, i.e., with that font and layout.
I made two improvements. :)

Kadioguy, it's called a letterhead. It is the way all of a business's official correspondence is printed (at the top of a letter. These days most correspondence is conducted by email, but some things are too important for that.

Last edited:
Kadioguy, it's called a letterhead. It is the way all of business's official correspondence is printed (at the top of a letter. These days most correspondence is conducted by email, but some things are too important for thatm

Thank you, Tarheel. :)

Did you mean to say something like this?

These days most correspondence is conducted by email, but some things are too important for people. So they still use a letterhead in those cases.

Sorry. I have a clumsy thumb. Typo fixed!

I did not, of course, mean that some things are too important for people. (I suppose that's something one android might say to another. ;-) )

it's called a letterhead. It is the way all of a business's official correspondence is printed (at the top of a letter). These days most correspondence is conducted by email, but some things are too important for that.

Does the blue part mean that some things are so important that we should use a letterhead when sending a letter?

Last edited:
Some things are too important to be sent by email. A formal written letter is deemed more appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back