Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hello.

I am trying to describe a newborn baby at the hospital. When a baby is born she moves his hands and legs. How can I describe that? Also, what can I say about the color of a newborn baby?

Please tell me what you think about this and how it can be made better:

The little girl was frantically flailing in the nurse's hand. Her reddish body was helplessly moving in the air as she screamed for no one knew what.

Is there a book in which the process of birth is depicted, from which I can learn?

I am trying to describe a newborn baby girl at [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] a hospital. When a baby is born, he/she moves his/her [STRIKE]hands[/STRIKE] arms and legs. How can I describe that? Also, what can I say about the color of a newborn baby?

See above. I realise that your piece is about a baby girl, but your second sentence is talking about babies in general so it wasn't correct to only use "she", and certainly not right to follow that with "his".

See above. I realise that your piece is about a baby girl, but your second sentence is talking about babies in general so it wasn't correct to only use "she", and certainly not right to follow that with "his".

Thanks. But what do you think about this?

The little girl was frantically flailing in the nurse's hand. Her reddish body was helplessly moving in the air as she screamed for no one knew what.

How can I make it better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back