The mounting structure today will cost 200$.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joj

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Lebanon
Current Location
France
Dear [client name],
The mounting structure today will cost 200$. However, this cost isn't included in the offer because according to the crisis the steel cost is going upwardly on the daily basis but whenever you sign the offer we will block the price.

What do you mean by these?

mounting structure
this cost isn't included in the offer

I sent an offer for the client including all the pv items except the structure of the pv panels because the cost of steel is going high every day

You're still misusing the word "offer". You're not sending them an offer, nor are they going to sign an offer. You are sending them either a quote or an invoice. A quote is advance notice of what something will cost. An invoice is the bill for work you've already done. They're going to sign a contract. I'm not going to try to edit post 1 because I think it'll be too messy to read. Here's what I would write:

Dear [client name]

Attached is our quote for all the photovoltaic system components, with the exception of the steel structure. The price of steel is changing every day so you will be charged based on the price of steel on the day you sign the contract. (For example, today, the mounting structure would cost $200.)

(Note the correct position of the dollar sign.)

You're still misusing the word "offer". You're not sending them an offer, nor are they going to sign an offer. You are sending them either a quote or an invoice. A quote is advance notice of what something will cost. An invoice is the bill for work you've already done. They're going to sign a contract. I'm not going to try to edit post 1 because I think it'll be too messy to read. Here's what I would write:

Dear [client name]

Attached is our quote for all the photovoltaic system components, with the exception of the steel structure. The price of steel is changing every day so you will be charged based on the price of steel on the day you sign the contract. (For example, today, the mounting structure would cost $200.)

(Note the correct position of the dollar sign.)
I tried to change a bit of it. Is it wrong?

Please find enclosed the requested quotation for all components of the photovoltaic installation, with the exception of the steel structure. The price of steel changes daily, so the customer will be invoiced on the basis of the price of steel upon acceptance of this quote. (The current assembly structure would be $800.)

I changed it a bit. Is it better?

Please find enclosed the requested quotation for all components of the photovoltaic installation, with the exception of the steel structure. The price of steel changes daily, so the customer will be billed on the basis of the price of steel upon acceptance of this quote. (The current assembly structure would be $800.)
I would say I edited it. I definitely wouldn't use tried there. (I also would say billed based on.)

As someone from the construction line, I would call it a steel supporting structure.

Due to the fluctuating price of steel, the contract price will be based on the price of steel on the date of acceptance.

It is a condition of the quotation (offer) which becomes a contract upon acceptance. Billing/invoicing comes later.

Last edited:
Due to the fluctuating price of steel, the contract price will be based on the price of steel on the date of acceptance.
That sounds less scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back