Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Hi all,

I am awaiting for HR feedback on a job offer. I would like to say to them that it took too much time and still no feedback. At the same time I want to be professional. Can I say the following:

Option1: "The matter took too much time and still no news, I hope nothing is wrong."

Option 2: "I hope that the waiting for this long time comes to an end and receive the good news about the offer."

Option 3: " The matter took much time than I expect. Should I expect receiving good news shortly."

My advice is the same as it has been for many of your queries - unless you were explicitly told that you would have heard about the job offer by today, don't contact them! It's not your place to decide what is "too much time". If I remember rightly from your previous thread, you're not "waiting for feedback on a job offer". That suggests you've already been offered the job. You are simply waiting to hear whether you've been successful.

My advice is the same as it has been for many of your queries - unless you were explicitly told that you would have heard about the job offer by today, don't contact them! It's not your place to decide what is "too much time". If I remember rightly from your previous thread, you're not "waiting for feedback on a job offer". That suggests you've already been offered the job. You are simply waiting to hear whether you've been successful.

Thanks emsr2d2.

I would like to highlight that I have been informed that I am successful and have been accepted for the job. We are currently in the offer stage (negotiating the salary and benefits) and the proposed salary has been sent to the management for approval.

Thanks emsr2d2.

I would like to highlight that I have been informed that I am successful and have been accepted for the job.

In post #192 you said: "I would like to highlight that I just reached the offer stage and still don't receive the offer. The offer needs to be sent to HR management for approval. The offer is stuck in the approval stage. I need to push on HR to receive the offer so that I can submit my notice to my current employer."
That means you have NOT been accepted. Let's be clear here!

Last edited:
Hi all,

I am waiting for HR to make a job offer. I would like to say to them that it is taking too much time [STRIKE]and still no feedback[/STRIKE]. At the same time, I want to be proactive. Can I say the following?:

Option1: "The matter is taking too much time and still no news. I hope nothing is wrong."

No. That's bad. It makes you sound desperate.

Option 2: "I hope that [STRIKE][STRIKE]the[/STRIKE][/STRIKE] waiting for this long a time comes to an end and I will receive [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] good news about a job offer."

No. That also sounds like you're nagging them.

Option 3: " The matter is taking more time than I expected. Can I expect to hear from you shortly?"

No. That makes you sound impatient. No one likes a complainer.
Option 4: Be patient. Wait to hear from them. The ball is in their court. No one likes a complainer. Or a worrier. Or a nag. Or desperation.

Eco, I know you like to be proactive. You can follow these steps:

1. Wait two weeks from their last contact.

2. Send an email that says: "Just checking in to see if you're making progress with my application. Many thanks!"

3. Then wait another two weeks.

4. If they still have not replied, send a second email that says: "Hi. I'm checking in again on the status of my application. Any news? Thank you."

5. Then stop writing to them. It will do no good and might harm your chances.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back