Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Hi all,

I hope you are keeping well.

I have finally received the job offer. I have some concerns about it that I mentioned in my below e-mail on which I appreciate your help 🙂

" I initially welcome and convinced with your proposed offer and I am ambitious to join and provide the company with success story and milestones.

Before sharing my thoughts in details about the offer, there is something that we need to agree together that I have already been communicated by you the remunerations of a senior manager position based on which I made my calculations and accordingly I have submitted my initial notice to my current employer. Accordingly and since there was a change from your side in the title and the benefits, I hope that we can be flexible in negotiating the new offer and give me the closer salary & benefits to the initial senior manager offer.

The below are some minor and simple points that have been discussed / that have been gone through during the process that I am eager to be considered in the job offer. As follows:

1- As for the job title, it will be my pleasure to change it from "advisor" to " consultant" especially since it is perceived to be more wider and more leading than advisor.

2- As for my base salary and based on my research, I would like to propose moving it from 3 to 4 in line with the market rates for this position and the demands of this senior position.

3- As for the car allowance and since it has already been communicated to me that it would be 100 when you initially discussing the offer the senior manager role before it has been changed to "advisor" and since I already made my calculations based on what you communicated and accordingly I submit my notice, I would appreciate it to keep it as our initial agreement and to get the privilege of being provided a car by the company.

At the end, I would like to highlight that salary and benefits are my last concerns and priorities but the issue is that I made my calculations and was fully prepared that I will get a specific amount of money and benefits of a senior manager position. I am fully trust that you will do your best in offering me the closer remuneration.

Hi all,

I hope you are keeping well.

I have finally received the job offer. I have some concerns about it that I mentioned in my below e-mail, on which I would appreciate your help.

[STRIKE]"[/STRIKE]I [STRIKE]initially[/STRIKE] welcome [STRIKE]and convinced with[/STRIKE] your [STRIKE]proposed[/STRIKE] offer and [STRIKE]I[/STRIKE] am looking forward to joining [STRIKE]and provide[/STRIKE] the company [STRIKE]with success story and milestones[/STRIKE].

Before sharing my thoughts on details about the offer, we need to discuss the salary [STRIKE]there is something that we need to agree together that I have already been communicated by you the remunerations[/STRIKE] of a senior manager position, on the basis of which I [STRIKE]made my calculations and accordingly I have[/STRIKE] gave notice to my current employer. Accordingly [STRIKE]and since there was a change from your side in the title and the benefits[/STRIKE], I hope that we can be flexible in negotiating the [STRIKE]new[/STRIKE] offer in order to provide me with [STRIKE]give me the closer[/STRIKE] salary and benefits closer to a [STRIKE]the initial[/STRIKE] senior manager's salary.

Below are some [STRIKE]minor and simple[/STRIKE] points we have discussed [STRIKE]/ that have been gone through[/STRIKE] during the hiring process [STRIKE]that I am eager to be considered in the job offer. As follows[/STRIKE]:

1- As for the job title, [STRIKE]it will be my pleasure[/STRIKE] I would like to change it [STRIKE]from "advisor"[/STRIKE]to [STRIKE]"[/STRIKE]consultant[STRIKE]" especially since it i[/STRIKE]s, a more senior position [STRIKE]perceived to be more wider and more leading than advisor[/STRIKE].

Only use that point if you are certain they have salaried full-time staff they call consultants. Most consultants are not full-time or salaried.

2- As for my base salary [STRIKE]and based on my research[/STRIKE], I would like to propose moving it from 3 to 4, in line with the market rates for this position and its demands [STRIKE]of this senior position[/STRIKE].

From 3 to 4 what? Fix that. Use a denomination symbol.

3- As for the car allowance, [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] since it has already been communicated to me that it would be 100 [STRIKE]when you initially discussing the offer the senior manager role before it has been changed to "advisor" and since I already made my calculations based on what you communicated and accordingly I submit my notice[/STRIKE], I would appreciate it keeping at that level and be [STRIKE]it as our initial agreement and to get[ the privilege of being[/STRIKE] provided a company car [STRIKE]by the company[/STRIKE].

Again, 100 what? Fix with a denomination symbol.

[STRIKE]At the end[/STRIKE]Finally, I would like to highlight that salary and benefits are the least of my concerns and priorities. The issue is that I made my calculations and was expecting to get [STRIKE]a specific amount of money[/STRIKE] the pay and benefits of a senior manager [STRIKE]position[/STRIKE]. I [STRIKE]am[/STRIKE] fully trust that you will do your best to offer me [STRIKE]the closer remuneration[/STRIKE] a higher pay and benefits package.
It was very wordy and rambling. Don't make your letters hard to read. When readers struggle to sort out what you're trying to say, you lose them.

Business people are not patient readers.

Last edited:
Economist2010, I notice you are posting the same threads in WRForums.

Please do not post the same question simultaneously to more than one forum. Doing so wastes our valuable time. Instead, post your question to one forum and wait for replies. If you're not satisfied with those replies, you can try another forum, but please indicate in your thread that you've already asked the same question elsewhere (provide a link), and outline why you were not satisfied with the answers you received already.
(teechar)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back