Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
New Zealand
Current Location
New Zealand
I'm midway through an online TEFL course and I'm currently doing language analysis assignment.I have analyze the sentence:

The teacher made Tom do his homework

Meaning: Causative verb "make" is sometimes used when a person(usually in a position of authority) forces somebody to do something,for example:

Her parents made little Suzy eat her vegetables.

I need to create some concept check questions to ask my students to ensure that they have understood. So far I have:

Did Tom want to do his homework?

No

Did the teacher force Tom to do his homework?

Yes

Can anyone help me with any concept check questions.I'd really appreciate the help.

I'm midway through an online TEFL course and I'm currently doing language analysis assignment. I have to analyse the sentence:

The teacher made Tom do his homework

Meaning: Causative verb "make" is sometimes used when a person(usually in a position of authority) forces somebody to do something,for example:

Her parents made little Suzy eat her vegetables.

I need to create some concept check questions to ask my students to ensure that they have understood. So far I have:

Did Tom want to do his homework?

No

Did the teacher force Tom to do his homework?

Yes

Can anyone help me with any concept check questions.I'd really appreciate the help.

We cannot do your work for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back