Indonesian
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Is it correct

The boss finds out and got angry

Last edited by a moderator:
Is [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE] the following sentence correct?

The boss finds out and got angry.

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

No, it is not correct. Look at the tenses. See if you can work out why it is wrong.

(Note that I have improved your thread title. Titles should include some or all of the words and phrases you are asking us about. Your actual question - in this case you said "Is it correct" - should be in the main part of the post, not the title.)

Re: Is it correct?

Welcome, Noahh!

Be sure to punctuate the ends of all sentences, always.

Re: Is it correct?

Also, Noahh, please correct your Member Profile. Your IP address does not show that you are currently in Australia.

Welcome to the forum, Noahh. Please update your profile with your correct location.

The boss finds out and ______ angry.

It's something that happens repeatedly.

The boss _________ out and got angry.

It happened once.

The boss finds out and ______ angry.

It's something that happens repeatedly. . . .
Yes. It could also just be the simple present tense:

I take a pencil home from the office. The boss finds out and gets angry. The next thing I know, I'm broke and out of work, a repo man tows away my Miata, and my girlfriend dumps me for a dentist she meets bungee jumping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, that's possible too.

(That's a shame about your Miata. ;-) )

Yes. It could also just be the simple present tense:

I take a pencil home from the office. The boss finds out and gets angry. The next thing I know, I'm broke and out of work, a repo man tows away my Miata, and my girlfriend dumps me for a dentist she meets bungee jumping.

But then you meet somebody new. You get a better job than you had before. And you buy a Mercedes. Things are looking up!

Exactly! Like that bungee-jumping dentist, you'll bounce back.

I think Noahh might have gone off on a little holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back