Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Hi,
I found this sentence on the internet :

1. The App Store has remained unchanged in terms of general fee structure since it first debuted in 2008, and while policies have been updated, the development principles have remained the same.
I think that the writer is referring to The App Store’ policies. So that these policies are specific ones. So that I think it should be “the policies “

Why do the writer omit definite here?

I doubt if it occurred to them tp use it.
Hi, I don’t get what you mean, can you help me to explain more in details?

Attachments

• B925D6EB-7C04-4916-92FB-B9C02FF74145.jpeg
    B925D6EB-7C04-4916-92FB-B9C02FF74145.jpeg
    313.1 KB · Views: 2
When did you discover the sentence in your first post? And when the one in the second?

I found that on an article. Please find the attached file.

Attachments

• F6EED810-7DF8-485D-8FF4-34928513157F.jpeg
    F6EED810-7DF8-485D-8FF4-34928513157F.jpeg
    313.1 KB · Views: 0
Yes, you told us. I asked you when you found the two different versions.

@LE AVOCADO Please note that I have changed your thread title. Titles should be unique, relevant to the thread and contain some/all of the words/phrases/sentences you're asking us to look at.

To the OP: I note that you've posted this question on at least one other site.

Please do not post the same question simultaneously to more than one forum. Doing so wastes our valuable time. Instead, post your question to one forum and wait for replies. If you're not satisfied with those replies, you can try another forum, but please indicate in your thread that you've already asked the same question elsewhere (provide a link), and outline why you were not satisfied with the answers you received already.

Hi everybody,
I am so sorry for this, I just wanted to have different viewpoints on a matter.
I acknowledge your message and I'll never do it again.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back