Interested in Language
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
Dear All,

There is a phrase which I failed to understand while listening. I've got subtitles but they differ from what I actually hear.

The phrase begins at 3:34 and corresponds to the following phrase of the subtitle. "That's how he got me to go out with him".

Does that subtitle actually mirror the recoding below. Thank you very much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyG3veAG0ls

It's not very clear, but that is what I think she says.

Its clear to me, and the English subtitles are indeed verbatim word for word at that time.

However, earlier at 2:51 there is a mistake. The woman says "I don't know you or this guy Sam...", and it's subtitled as "I don't know you or the guy's Sam'

For future reference, when citing specific times in Youtube clips, pause the video at the time you wish others to view, and right click on the playbar and select 'copy URL at current time. You can then paste that as the hyperlink.

Alternately, you can manually add add #t=XmYs to the end of the regular hyperlink, replacing X and Y with the actual time in minutes and seconds. I think you can also just do a cumulative amount of seconds if you want to do the math. :)

Edit: I see you asked about 2:51 here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back