Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Bangladesh
Here in this essay, whole passage is written in the present form as date is not given. But in 3rd paragraph 2nd and last line, past form of verb are used. Could any explain please?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, and welcome to the forum. :hi:

I've removed the image tag from your post because it pointed to a location on your computer's C drive which wasn't accessible from the internet.

Last edited by a moderator:
[STRIKE]Here[/STRIKE] In this essay, the whole passage is written in the present [STRIKE]form[/STRIKE] tense as the date is not given. [STRIKE]But[/STRIKE] However, in the [STRIKE]3rd[/STRIKE] third paragraph, in the [STRIKE]2nd[/STRIKE] second and last lines, the past form of the verbs [STRIKE]are[/STRIKE] is used. Could anyone explain please?

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

Please note my corrections above.

I have also corrected your thread title from "Tense related problem in a Essay writing" to "Tense-related problem in an essay".

You can't provide links that lead to your own computer. You will need to provide a link to the passage online, or you will have to write it out yourself in a post. Make sure you provide the source and author.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back