Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
Please help me make the paragraph below sound natural. Thanks.

Taking the EGRC course benefits me a lot. For one thing, it helps me improve my English speaking skills and advance my writing ability. For another thing, I become more confident when I give a speech standing on the stage. I’m able to respond English fluently and automatically. Last, but not least, I make good friends with Vicky and Eric. In the days of EGRC, we learn from each other, work diligently together, and accomplish a lot of difficult tasks together. All of these will become sweet memories in my life.

Taking the EGRC course has benefited me a lot. For one thing, it has helped me improve my English speaking skills and advance my writing ability. [STRIKE]For another thing,[/STRIKE] Additionally, I have become more confident when giving a speech [STRIKE]standing[/STRIKE] on [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] stage. I’m also able to respond in English fluently and spontaneously. [STRIKE]automatically.[/STRIKE] Last but not least, I have made good friends with Vicky and Eric, my fellow students on the course. [STRIKE]In the days of[/STRIKE] During the EGRC course, we have learned from each other, worked diligently together, and accomplished a lot of difficult tasks together. All of [STRIKE]these[/STRIKE] those will become sweet memories in my life.

Note the use of the present perfect to talk about past events that are still of some importance/significance now, and about actions that started but have not yet finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back