Status
Not open for further replies.

phissen

Member Type
Student or Learner
Interviewer (I)Guide (G)

Are bolded verbs - correct?

I: Do you like your job?
G: Oh, eys. I love it. I enjoy meeting new people.
I: What are you thinking of the tourists who come to Nepal?
G: Some of them don't know much about mountains and want to see as much as possible. Right now, I am working for a group of Austrian trekkers. They understand all about trekking and I'm sure they enjoy themselves. That's great because it means that the trek is good fun for me, too.
I: How the tourists differs from local people?
G: Well, most of them smell funny, not like us. Really! They eat different food and don't dress like us. My Austrians, for example, drink coffee for breakfast - it doesn't taste too good to me but they love it.

Thank you very much.

Interviewer (I)Guide (G)

1) Are the bolded words verbs?
2) Are the bolded words correct?
3) Are the bolded verbs the main verbs of the sentences?

I'm answering according to 1.

I: What are you thinking of the tourists who come to Nepal?
G: Some of them don't know much about mountains and want to see as much as possible. Right now, I am working for a group of Austrian trekkers. They understand all about trekking and I'm sure they enjoy themselves. That's great because it meansthat the trek is good fun (to be fun)for me, too.
I: How the tourists differs from local people?
G: Well, most of them smell funny, not like us. Really! They eat different food and don't dress like us. My Austrians, for example, drink coffee for breakfast - it doesn't taste too good to me but they love it.

Interviewer (I)Guide (G)

I: What do you think of the tourists who come to Nepal?
G: Some of them don't know much about mountains and want to see as much as possible. Right now, I am working for a group of Austrian trekkers. They understand all about trekking and I'm sure they enjoy themselves. That's great because it means that the trek is good fun for me, too.
I: How do the tourists differs from local people?

Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back