Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Hello everyone. Could you guys revise these lines?

To relate to each other means that you always start over, trying constantly to become familiar with him.
Again and again you introduce yourself, keep knowing each other, try to see all the facets of others' personalities. You continually try to penetrate deeper and deeper into the inner realms of the other, into the most intimate recesses of his being.
Keep searching and investigating each other's being to find new ways to love each other, to find new ways of being together. Every person is an incredible mystery, infinite, inexhaustible and inextinguishable, to the point that it is not possible to be able to say, one day: "I now know her", or: "I now know him". At the most you could say: "I did my best, but the mystery remains a mystery!" In fact, the more you know the other, the more the other becomes mysterious. In this case, love is a continuous adventure.

Hello everyone. Could you [STRIKE]guys[/STRIKE] revise these lines please?

To relate to each other means that you always start over, trying constantly to become familiar with him.
Again and again you introduce yourself [SUP](*)[/SUP], keep knowing each other, try to see all the facets of others' personalities.

I stopped there because large parts of that text are unnatural/unclear, including the parts I highlighted in blue above.

* That part doesn't make sense. Can you imagine someone repeating the following?
My name is James.
My name is James.
My name is James.

I strongly advise you to rewrite the above in plain English. Focus on the substance (the ideas) and not on the form (wording).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back