Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
What did the say at & 01:49-01:52? [
]

Here it is.
And then they speak at the same time, so it's difficult to make out.
He says What a...
A
nd the second guy says something that ends with ...lingering smells.

Speaking of comedy, here it is: one of Britain's best-loved comic smells
Speaking of lingering smells ...

Speaking of comedy, here it is: one of Britain's best-loved comic smells
Speaking of lingering smells ...
I have read this episode many times and can hardly make sense of it? What is it about? It is the very British staff?

They were talking about breaking wind (flatulence) in church. James is giving this as an example of a situation where you're not allowed to laugh, saying that situations like this are absolutely hilarious.

I have read this episode many times and can hardly make sense of it? What is it about? It Is it the very British staff?
Are you sure you've read it many times? If so, you wouldn't need help with the transcription. Did you perhaps mean that you've listened to it many times?
I don't understand your final question. Which staff are you referring to?

Are you sure you've read it many times? If so, you wouldn't need help with the transcription. Did you perhaps mean that you've listened to it many times?
I don't understand your final question. Which staff are you referring to?
1. I have read the text which jufrank kindly produced.

2. I've made a mistake. I meant the British stUff, the theme which is well-known for British people (like actors, movies, political jargon, etc). What is the meaning of "Britain's best-loved comic smells?". I am still confused about this text "
"Speaking of comedy, here it is: one of Britain's best-loved comic smells
Speaking of lingering smells ..."

"

James introduces his guest the comic Omid Djalili as 'one of Britain's best-loved comic smells'. They're joking about the awkward segue between talking about farting and talking to Omid. The link was supposed to be the theme of comedy, but instead it becomes the theme of farting.

1. I have read the text which jufrank kindly produced.

2. I've made a mistake. I meant the British stUff, the theme which is well-known for British people (like actors, movies, political jargon, etc). What is the meaning of "Britain's best-loved comic smells?". I am still confused about this text "
"Speaking of comedy, here it is: one of Britain's best-loved comic smells
Speaking of lingering smells ..."

"
I wonder what is the origin of such phrase "best-loved comis smells"? I am searching on the internet - Does it something to do with a specific (pleasant) smell of old books (paper), especially ones relating to comics. And if yes, does such phrase figuratively could be said for a great funny actor?

It isn't a phrase and it doesn't have an origin. Omid Djalili is a comic (his job is to make people laugh). James is saying that Omid is one of Britain's best-loved comics. The joke is that he's also describing Omid as a fart.

I wonder what is the origin of such the phrase "best-loved comic smells" is. A sentence starting "I wonder" is not a question.

I am searching have looked on the internet - does it have something to do with a specific (pleasant) smell of old books (paper), especially ones relating to comics. just one space after a full stop please And If yes, does could such a phrase be used figuratively could be said for to describe a great, funny actor?
Please note my corrections above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back