Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Could you please tell me what a spaced out picture is?

No, we can't. Please tell us where you saw that phrase - give us the title and author. Provide the complete sentence in which it appeared and the context. You have been on the forum long enough to know that that's what we require.

It could be a picture where things look unusually relaxed - if there are people in the picture, they might look like they're high on drugs - or reality could be distorted. There's no real way of telling without some more context.

Last edited:
No, we can't. Please tell us where you saw that phrase - give us the title and author. Provide the complete sentence in which it appeared and the context. You have been on the forum long enough to know that that's what we require.

I came across this while watching a youtube channel. There was a person who met a girl online. He was a bit confused by the pictures of that girl whether that was areal account or some one was fooling him.

I can't see why the term is being used about what may be catfishing.

I can't see why the term is being used about what may be catfishing.
Another sign of my advancing age. I had to look up catfishing. :cry:

Provide the complete sentence in which it appeared

I came across this while watching a youtube channel. There was a person who met a girl online. He was a bit confused by the pictures of that girl whether that was areal account or some one was fooling him.

Please show me where in your response you did what I asked you to do in the first quote above.

Last edited:
That is definitely a spaced-out couple.

Please show me where in your response you did what I asked you to do in the first quote above.

I will post the video but when I share a link nobody checks that. I will have to search the video and I will post the link.

There is no need to post a link. Just write out the entire sentence in which "spaced out picture" appears.

There is no need to post a link. Just write out the entire sentence in which "spaced out picture" appears.

I don't remember the exact sentence but that guy was talking about being catfished by a fake person who was using a girl's profile. He said that he wanted to meet that girl so he checked her photos and these pictures were spaced out. They seemed real so he went to meet that girl only to find that it was a trap.

So the sentence as far as I remember was "Those pictures seemed real. In thise pictures she had tagged her friends as well. All those pictures looked spaced out".

It makes no sense to me. If you still have the video, you can watch the scene and transcribe his words exactly for us.

Was the person a native speaker? It sounds a bit weird to me.

Was the person a native speaker? It sounds a bit weird to me.

Yes, he is an American. I think I have mixed the content of two of his videos. I have written these wrong. I will post the video once I have found it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back