Sorry, I could not come and see you before you leave the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAJSH

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Sorry, I could not come and see you before you leave the country. I should have been there, but it is not an excuse not being there. I should have come there and see you before you leave, but unfortunately I could not make it.
I will always remember the good times when we had practiced tennis together in the downtown hall.
I could not get one more last chance to play against you. I had really enjoyed playing against you and I like the way you played. Hats off to you my friend what you had done for the club. I will definitely miss you in the court. Please be stick to your tennis as long as you can and be in shape.
I apologize for not being able to see off you.

Please tell me whether the above sentences are grammatically correct and sound.

Sorry, I could not come and see you before you [STRIKE]leave[/STRIKE] left the country. I should have been there, but [STRIKE]it is not an excuse not being there. I should have come there and see you before you leave, but[/STRIKE] unfortunately I could not make it.
I will always remember the good times when we [STRIKE]had[/STRIKE] practiced tennis together in the downtown hall.
I could not get one more last chance to play against you. I had really enjoyed playing against you and I like the way you played. Hats off to you, my friend. What you [STRIKE]had done[/STRIKE] for the club is amazing. I will definitely miss you in the court. Please [STRIKE]be[/STRIKE] stick to your tennis as long as you can and be in shape.
I apologize for not being able to see you off. [STRIKE]you.[/STRIKE]

Sorry no comma here I could not come and see you before you [STRIKE]leave[/STRIKE] left the country. I should have been there [STRIKE], but it is not an excuse not being there. I should have come there and see you before you leave,[/STRIKE] but unfortunately I could not make it.

I will always remember the good times when we had [STRIKE]practiced[/STRIKE] played tennis together in the downtown hall.
I wish I could [STRIKE]not get[/STRIKE] have had one more last chance to play against you. I [STRIKE]had[/STRIKE] really enjoyed playing against you and I like the way you played. Hats off to you, my friend, for what you [STRIKE]had done[/STRIKE] did/have done for the club. I will definitely miss you [STRIKE]in the[/STRIKE] on court. Please [STRIKE]be[/STRIKE] stick [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] with your tennis as long as you can and [STRIKE]be[/STRIKE] stay in shape.

Again, I apologize for not being able to see you off. [STRIKE]you.[/STRIKE]

emsr2d2

Last edited:
Hats off to you, my friend, for what you did/have done for the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back