Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
Canada
The context was I was asking an elderly woman some questions as part of my job. She's been asked a lot of questions that day and responded "I have been asked to the something something". I looked it up at the time and it meant something has been done excessively. However, I now can't recall what she said at the time. I understand it's a bit vague but hopefully someone is able to help me!. Thanks!

The context is I was asking an elderly woman some questions as part of my job. She'd been asked a lot of questions that day and responded "I have been asked to the something something". I looked it up at the time and it meant something has been done excessively. However, I now can't recall what she said at the time. I understand it's a bit vague but hopefully someone is able to help me!.
Bob: I've been asked a million questions today.
Ron: Then what's one more?

You could say something like what Bob said. (That's probably not what you're looking for.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back