Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Some runners say that running a marathon isn't as hard as may appear for those who do not regularly run. They say that if you want to finish a marathon, all you should do is to train regularly, at least every other day, and after some time you'll cross the finish line of one of the marathons. They also add that participation in marathon is definitely much easier than preparation to it. Although I finished only a couple of half-marathons, I wouldn't agree with an opinion that running a marathon is easy even for those who train regularly. You must be naturally gifted or have sports background if marathon isn't that hard for you. To others who didn't train when they were children running long distances may caused some sort of pain. But there's something unique in the running, especially when you're running in the night through the empty streets or walking paths. Usually after twenty minutes you start to feel a relief from stress and all life's problems and that's why many people are addicted to running.

[I will be grateful for correction]

Some runners say that running a marathon isn't as hard as it may appear for those who do not regularly run. They say that if you want to finish a marathon, all you should do is to train regularly, at least every other day, and after some day you'll cross a finish line[STRIKE] of one of the marathons[/STRIKE]. They also add that participation in marathons is definitely much easier than preparation for it. Although I have finished only a couple of half-marathons, I wouldn't agree with an opinion that running a marathon is easy even for those who train regularly. You must be naturally gifted or have a sports background[STRIKE] if marathon isn't that hard for you[/STRIKE]. To those who didn't train when they were children, running long distances may caue some [STRIKE]sort of[/STRIKE] pain. But there's something unique in the running, especially when you're running at night through[STRIKE] the[/STRIKE] empty streets or walking paths. Usually after twenty minutes you start to feel a relief from stress and all life's problems, and that's why many people are addicted to running.

[I will be grateful for corrections.]
There, then!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back