Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
I performed well in the interview at the company, c I have a potential job opportunity there.
Please check grammar of the sentence, telling my friend about the interview attended on the phone

The second does not really follow from the first.
I would say:
I performed well in the interview at the company, so I think I stand a good chance of getting the job.

Last edited by a moderator:
"I performed well in the interview at the company, c I have a potential job opportunity there."
Why is there a "c" after the comma?
Please check the grammar of the sentence, in which I'm telling my friend about the a job interview attended that took place on the phone.
Note my corrections above. The fact that the interview was by phone is irrelevant to your question.

Note my corrections above. The fact that the interview was by phone is irrelevant to your question.
This was not a telephonic inteview. It was a walk-in interview. I was telling my friend on the phone about how I performed at the interview.

Sorry, this is a typo. I missed "so" here.

Please check grammar of the sentence, telling my friend about the interview attended on the phone
This was not a telephonic telephone interview. It was a walk-in interview. I was telling my friend on the phone about how I performed at the interview.
OK, so now you know that "the interview attended on the phone" suggested that it was the interview that was on the phone.
I'm not sure what you mean by "a walk-in interview". Usually, "walk-in" means that you don't need an appointment (such as when you go to the hairdresser/barber or a clinic). It's unusual, here at least, to be able to simply turn up somewhere and have a job interview that hasn't been pre-arranged. I think perhaps you meant "an in-person interview" (rather than on the phone or by Zoom or similar).

Say you might get a job there or that you might get hired. (We already know there's a job opening. That's why they're interviewing people.)

Back