Singapore has the most forest coverage rate.

Silverobama

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I read in a book saying that Singapore is the first in the world of the coverage rate of forest which account fors 29.3% of its country. I wrote a sentence:

Singapore has the most forest coverage rate in the world which accounts for 29.3% of its country.

Is my sentence good?

Title and author, please.
It was written by Liqin in Chinese.

It's not an English book. The Chinese name of the book in Pinyin is Senlin Yu and in English, literally Bath in the forest.

The italic sentence was in Chinese and I translated it into English. Is it natural?

Last edited:
'Forest coverage rate' may be as near a translation as you can get, but it's a clump of nouns with no obvious grammatical relation, leading to an abstraction that is unnecessarily hard to parse. Why not put the number first: '29.3% of Singapore is covered by forest, a higher proportion* than any other country in the world'.?

*'Rate' is not appropriate in this case; I suspect that a bilingual dictionary is the culprit!

Last edited by a moderator:
It was written by Liqin in Chinese.

It's not an English book. The Chinese name of the book in Pinyin is Senlin Yu and in English, literally Bath in the forest.
Always remember to put the source information in post #1. There's no need to make it so complicated. Write:

Source: Senlin Yu by Liqin

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back