Student or Learner
Native Language
Bosnian
Home Country
Bosnia Herzegovina
Current Location
Sweden
Do my sentences sound natural?

Since Belinda had lost her husband, she seemed to have undergone a personality change. She had started playing golf and had gone on a couple of luxury cruses. While before she hated any kinds of physical exercises, now she lifted weights in a gym and went for runs. She bought new clothes in bright colours, and got a new haircut. Soon, she noticed that men ogled her, and some even made a pass at her, but she ignored them all. She enjoyed her freedom and had no wish to spend the rest of life cooking and washing for another man. When her friends wondered how came she had no desire to remarry, Belinda replied that it was not worth the trouble.

Since Belinda had lost her husband, she seemed to have undergone a personality change. She had started playing golf and had gone on a couple of luxury cruises. While before she hated any kind[STRIKE]s[/STRIKE] of physical exercise[STRIKE][/STRIKE], now she lifted weights in a gym and went for runs. She bought new clothes in bright colours, and she even got her hair cut. Soon [no comma] she noticed that men were paying more attention to her, and some even made passes at her, but she ignored them all. She enjoyed her freedom and had no wish to spend the rest of life cooking and washing for another man. When her friends wondered how come she had no desire to remarry, Belinda replied that it was not worth the trouble.

Pretty good. (I wouldn't use the word "ogle" because it suggests the person is being rather impolite.)

Since [STRIKE]Belinda had lost[/STRIKE] losing her husband, [STRIKE]she[/STRIKE] Belinda seemed to have undergone a personality change. She had started playing golf and had gone on a couple of luxury cruises. [STRIKE]While[/STRIKE] Whilst before his death she had hated any [strike]kinds[/strike] kind/type of physical [strike]exercises[/strike] exercise, she now [STRIKE]she[/STRIKE] lifted weights in a gym and went [STRIKE]for runs[/STRIKE] running/jogging. She bought new clothes in bright colours, and got a new haircut. Soon, she noticed that men [STRIKE]ogled[/STRIKE] had started to ogle her, and some even made a pass at her, but she ignored them all. She [STRIKE]enjoyed[/STRIKE] was enjoying her freedom and had no [STRIKE]wish[/STRIKE] desire to spend the rest of her life cooking and [STRIKE]washing[/STRIKE] doing laundry for another man. When her friends wondered [STRIKE]how came[/STRIKE] why she [strike]had no desire[/strike] didn't want to remarry, Belinda replied that it was not worth the trouble.

See above for the changes I would make.

Last edited:
some men ogled/had started to ogle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back