Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bosnian
Home Country
Bosnia Herzegovina
Current Location
Sweden
Have I made any mistakes? Is it correct to start a sentence with "Sickly since his"?

Sickly since his childhood, John was often overcome by bitterness. He had to be cautious in what he was eating and how much time he was spending outdoors. A wrong food or too much sun or strain could made him sick for weeks, and then John was forced to stay at home and watch from his bedroom window other people enjoying their lives to the full. He sensed already as a child he would spend most of his life in loneliness because people prefer the company of winners rather than losers.

Have I made any mistakes? Is it correct to start a sentence with "Sickly since his"?

Sickly since his childhood, John was often overcome by bitterness. He had to be cautious in what he was eating and how much time he was spending outdoors. The wrong food or too much sun or strain could made him sick for weeks, and then John was forced to stay at home and watch from his bedroom window other people enjoying their lives to the full. He sensed already as a child that he would spend most of his life alone because people prefer the company of winners rather than losers.

My suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back