Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Lebanon
Current Location
France
Dear Mrs. X,

The batteries have arrived yesterday at the port of Jordan. We are still on the date that we set in the previous email, 18 of February, for the full installation of PV system.

Dear Mrs. X,

The batteries have arrived yesterday at the port of Jordan. We are still on target for the date that we set gave in the previous email - 18th of February - for the full installation of the PV system.

Can we say as a title for the email:
PV system installation date?

Last edited:
Can we say I use the following as a title for the email?

PV system installation date no question mark here

See my changes above. You could use that, but you already told the customer that it would be on 18th February. It would be better to use "Confirmation of date of installation of PV system" as the title. (As you can see, in email subject lines, we don't have to write grammatically complete sentences.)

can we say as a title for the email
PV system installation date ?
From a professional point of view, you may like to consider the following points:

• If this is not the first email in a chain of emails, you should use the same subject field for the whole chain.
  • This transaction presumably has a reference and that may usefully appear in the subject field.
  • Clients may also appreciate their reference appearing in the subject field.
  • Descriptive text in the subject field should be short.

If you work for an organisation, it may be a good idea to ask if there are any standards relating to emails.

See my changes above. You could use that, but you already told the customer that it would be on 18th February. It would be better to use "Confirmation of date of installation of PV system" as the title. (As you can see, in email subject lines, we don't have to write grammatically complete sentences.)
Is it correct to repeat the "of" three times in the sentence?

Is it correct to repeat the "of" three times in the sentence?
Do you think I would have given you an incorrect sentence on purpose? When prepositions are needed, they're needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back