Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I am a first time volunteer teaching ESL. I am wondering if anyone has any resources to help me. I have just a few students who are most interested in punctuation and correct grammar (and it's rules and exceptions). Their vocabulary is great as most have been in USA at least 7 years. They do need help in pronunciation as well. I am a little overwhelmed as to where I should start!
Any links to resources would be much appreciated. This is a church volunteer group and I am finding that the worksheets given to me are not really applicable to my particular group of more advanced speakers and what they are seeking to learn. I feel like I am wasting their time. I have the time and willingness but I have no teacher training and just got sort of "thrown into it"
Thanks

Welcome to the forum.

Have a look on EnglishBanana.com - I haven't used it for a while but when I was teaching in Spain it was invaluable. It has hundreds of free worksheets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back