Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Germany
I wrote a note for my teacher but I'm not sure what I wrote is fully correct.

"There is no teacher quite as special as you are and you, who go above and beyond to be the best teacher that anyone can be, whose words of wisdom will be forever echoed in my ear whenever I go, who love and care with all her heart, who leave loving memories of life which will be truly remembered and who touch the soul, will be forever cherished by me who loves you dearly."

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
As you have also posted the same text in another forum, our members may decide to wait and see if anybody over there answers and saves us the trouble.

As teechar told you in an earlier thread:

Please do not post the same question simultaneously to more than one forum. Doing so wastes our valuable time. Instead, post your question to one forum and wait for replies. If you're not satisfied with those replies, you can try another forum, but please indicate in your thread that you've already asked the same question elsewhere (provide a link), and outline why you were not satisfied with the answers you received already.

Okay. My intent is not to waste your time, I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I've been waiting for hours to get an answer there since I haven't got an answer yet I posted it here and couldn't delete it from there.

Part of the problem is that you ran four or five sentences into one, which makes it hard to read. (That seems to be a habit with you.)

:)

I've been waiting for hours to get an answer there ...

That might be part of the problem. Everyone on these forums is a volunteer, doing it in their own free time. You need to be more patient - waiting "hours" just isn't enough. Give it a couple of days.

I believe in the KISS method. Perhaps:

You are very special -- the best teacher ever!

Of course, you can add something to that.

A note for my teacher

Did you not like my advice?

:-?

Re: A note for my teacher

Your sentences will have more punch if you keep them short and sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back